Friday, May 16, 2014

Dr. Jay Wendland Joins the History & Political Science Department!

Dr. Jay Wendland received his Ph.D. from the University of
Arizona, School of Government and Public Policy 

     Hi all! My name is Jay Wendland and I am excited to be joining the Political Science faculty at Daemen College next Fall! 

     I am originally from Shawano, WI but have lived in Tucson, AZ for the past 6 years where I earned my Ph.D. in May 2013 from the University of Arizona.  I specialize in American politics, specifically American political behavior.  My dissertation was focused on the role of campaign visits candidates make to the various states in presidential nomination contests.  I have taught classes on America Political Parties, Elections, Public Opinion and Voting Behavior, and Politics and Pop Culture at the University of Arizona and plan on offering similar courses at Daemen.  I also have an interest in the role of media in politics, especially with the growing prevalence and importance of the 24-hour cable news channels as well as the new media outlets (Twitter, Facebook, etc.).  I plan on developing and offering a course on this as well, as it is important to understand the role media plays in politics.  

     This Fall I will be offering the Introduction to American Politics course as well as a course on Politics and Pop Culture in America, in which we will explore various aspects of American politics through fiction and film.  I look forward to meeting all of you in the Fall! 

    The Department of History and Political Science Welcomes Dr. Jay Wendland to the Faculty! For a look at Dr. Wendland's scholarship, check out one of his co-authored papers recently presented at the State Politics & Policy Conference at the University of Indiana.  The addition of Dr. Wendland allows the History & Political Science Department to further grow its political science offerings in the fields of American Politics, including Elections and Voting Behavior.  




    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment