Monday, February 16, 2015

Jordan Sieracki discusses her "World of Opportunity" at Scholar's Day 2015

On Saturday, Feb. 7, Daemen welcomed many high-achieving future students to campus to meet faculty, staff, alumni, and current students while competing for several major scholarships as part of Scholar's Day. 

Jordan Sieracki ('15), a History & Political Science major and Pre-Law minor, was one of two Trustee Scholarship students who spoke to the crowd of future students and their parents about her experiences in the H&P Department and beyond. As Jordan explains, her studies have opened up the "World of Opportunity" that is featured on Daemen's college emblem.  

Jordan Sieracki: 
I'm sure you have all noticed on Daemen's signage and letterhead: "Daemen College: A World of Opportunity"....Through personal reflection on my college career, I have realized how my experiences at Daemen have prepared me and how through Daemen I have been presented with incredible opportunities. Coming to college, I had specific goals I set to accomplish by graduation: I wanted to learn more about US history and government, learn more about other cultures and countries, I wanted to travel, learn languages, help others, and learn more about myself.

Through my coursework, the support and encouragement and instruction from my amazing faculty in the History Department, I have learned so much about my strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, and have acquired a clearer picture of my career aspirations....
 Watch Jordan's full speech below. Her comments begin at the 11:44 point in the video clip.  


No comments:

Post a Comment